Background Image for Header:
IP Process Figure
- An invention is conceived.
- The inventor(s) complete an invention disclosure form and submit it to the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) for review.
- The OTT oversees a third-party commercialization assessment and prior art search.
- The Technology Transfer Assessment Committee (TTAC) reviews all relevant information related to the invention to determine a next step.
- OTT may oversee the filing of a patent application on the invention.
- OTT may oversee a marketing campaign to a potential licensee or some other entity capable of generating revenue from the invention.
- WVU and the inventor(s) may share in the revenue generated from the invention. Revenue generation may come from licensing, business startup, venture capital, industry partnering, additionally funded research, or some other means.
Check out the FAQs or contact us.