Background Image for Header:
IP Process Timeline Figure
- An invention disclosure is submitted to the OTT and reviewed.
- Week 4
- The third-party commercial assessment and prior art search is completed.
- Week 8
- The Technology Transfer Assessment Committee (TTAC) completes a review of all relevant information related to the invention to determine a next step.
- Week 12
- A patent application may be filed on the invention.
- Week 13 up to Week 36
- The invention may be marketed to a potential licensee or some other entity capable of generating revenue from the invention.
- WVU and the inventor(s) share in revenue generated from the invention.
Check out the FAQs or contact us.